Team Workflow Production
Accessing your centralized repository of assets requires powerful tools to ensure the best value can be extracted from the archive. Cinegy Desktop is the rich front-end to the treasure stored in Cinegy Archive, providing a seamless collaborative experience to hundreds of simultaneous clients performing ingest, logging, editing and versioning of this content.
Cinegy Desktop is a universal production tool that provides real-time access to media in the Cinegy Archive, along with a powerful suite of tools for logging and editing, and an almost limitless ability to import and export media to third-party non-linear editing and automation systems.
Cinegy Desktop runs on standard office IT infrastructure and can be installed on any user’s desktop within a network environment. It allows users to collaborate from their desktops, without tying up expensive editing bays. Full system functionality is available from any workplace, editing bay or machine room for maximum workflow flexibility.
Cinegy Desktop identifies the user by their login and password, which is centrally resolved via existing ADS or LDAP servers. The identity determines the access rights, user profile and software features for the individual user. The Cinegy Desktop user interface mimics standard Windows functionality wherever possible making it intuitive and easy-to-use. The Cinegy Desktop client allows users to access the Cinegy Archive via the familiar explorer interface to create, manage and edit items in the central database.
Cinegy Desktop offers standard controls for viewing video material, including playback control with a mouse, jumping to events and shuffling. A clip can be viewed in different quality levels (high, medium or low) as defined during ingest.
Cinegy software uses the most advanced accumulative metadata collection methods. Ingested video clips automatically inherit information including tape or disk reference IDs, cameraman, date, program name, rights, resolution, type, legal information, and production notes. Users can add additional information to a video clip or a section of a clip. The metadata model used can be freely customized by the system administrator without any programming knowledge.
The logging functionality in Cinegy Desktop can be applied either during or following ingest. In addition to basic logging, more advanced logging is done with the logging plug-in, using dedicated logging templates customized for the specific task and material type. Unique templates can be created for different organizations. The template creation requires no programming skills.
Cinegy Desktop features a sophisticated search engine that can be used to quickly locate required video media and documents, even in very large archives. Users can search and sort content by keywords or metadata values. A simple search delivers results quickly; a federated search adds intranet and internet access; while an advanced search enables further functionality for more precise results.
Combined with Sequence Viewer the Timeline interface offers many versatile features and functions to make editing in Timeline simple and practical. Cinegy Desktop provides all the required tools:
- No waiting for rendering – everything is rendered in real-time
- Sequence collaboration, zoom viewer, full-screen playback and full keyboard playback control
- Mixing SD & HD as well as different aspect ratios
- Mixing all supported video and codec formats
- Multi-cam editing
- Overlay graphics and titles
- Dissolves, mixes, all SMPTE wipes, and speed effect
- More advanced effects such as Picture-in-Picture, Crop, Blur and Chromakey
- Clip grouping and out of sync display
- Sequence markers for annotations and navigation
- Match frame indicators for ensuring seamless playback
- Color correction and image effects – extendable with plug-ins
- Voice-over recorder with user presets for equalizer and compressor
- Advanced audio features, including change audio channel, split and pan options, volume and balance adjustment, audio synchronization and voiceover recording.
- Extracting or lifting material from Timeline and closing the gaps easily
- Simple, two-point or four-point trimming functionality and trimming with the keyboard or jog-shuttle.
Cinegy Desktop is also a perfect newsroom computer system (NRCS) client offering integrated news oriented tools for storywriting, pool and story management, approval workflows, integrated video editing, voice-over recording, and template based graphics. Now all the tools that journalist and program makers need are present inside the Cinegy News solution so that no other third party products are needed:
- Search through incoming APTN, Reuters or RSS news feeds
- Check estimated anchor text duration while typing the script
- Drag & drop media directly into a story and instantly see a preview
- Pick and automatically fill in a CG template with the story data
- Set editorial approval on the story or return it back to the author
- Keep adding stories to the rundown while news program is already on air
- Media and graphics are uploaded automatically once a story is saved
- Last minute changes apply immediately until the story is on air
- Universal production tool
- MAM client
- Newsroom client
- Timeline editing
- Logging tools
- Edit while ingest
- Mixed SD/HD and even 4K edits
- Metadata manager
- Video effects
- FX Manager
- Multi-cam editing
- Extensive search
- Team collaboration
- Instant messaging
- Simple and intuitive interface
- Full rights management
- Up to 256 video/audio tracks
- Always real-time
- Floating licensing
- Works on commodity PC
Supported TV formats
- Ultra High Definition 25/30fps
- High Definition 1080i, 720p
- Standard Definition PAL and NTSC
Natively supported Codecs
- Avid DNxHD
- XDCAM HD 422
- XDCAM HD
- DVCPRO HD
- MPEG-2 Long-GOP
- MPEG-2 (up to 1080i 4:2:2)
- DV and DVCPO